4K Restoration/1962/Kingu Kongu tai Gojira
- 1 aka: King Kong vs. Godzilla (キングコング対ゴジラ)
- 1.1 2008 HD Transfer
- 1.2 2016 4K Restoration
- 2 References
aka: King Kong vs. Godzilla (キングコング対ゴジラ)
2008 HD Transfer
On Disc 8 of Criterion's 2019 GODZILLA: THE SHOWA ERA (1954-1975) Box Set
- "All fifteen films in this set are high-definition digital transfers. We are working closely with Toho on this release [King Kong vs Godzilla] and the 4K remaster you're referencing was not something that was provided to us for this." 
- Available on Amazon: GODZILLA: THE SHOWA-ERA FILMS, 1954–1975 (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
2016 4K Restoration
- June 27, 2016 - Naofumi Higuchi's Thousand and One Thousand Nights 64th Night "King Kong vs. Godzilla <4K full version>"
- June 30, 2016 - Half a century ago "King Kong vs. Godzilla" Carefully restored and cleared 4K digital remastered version
- November 2017 - Part 3 of talk with Toshifumi Shimizu
- "I didn't have the roll 1 part... But I had to get this out, so I was told that I would just blow up the DVD image and release it... . "
- "when I scan a negative, it's in a state called "LOG." This LOG is like capturing all the information contained in the film. So, if you make the dark part brighter, you can see the details...I also shoot the bright part with the details visible when I sunk it a little, so the range of color adjustment is tremendous. It's wide, so even if it's a video, you'll be able to see where you couldn't see it by scanning the LOG and adjusting the colors from there.”
- June 4, 2020 - The film movie will be reborn beautifully in this way!-Tokyo Development Office Infiltration Repo Final
- Yoshinori Kato, Chief of Restoration Group
- The Tokyo Development Laboratory restore team created 12 missing frames
- Jun Yamashita, Colorist
2016 Broadcast on Nihon Eiga Senmon Channel (Japanese Movie Specialty Channel)
- May 8, 2016 - "KING KONG VS. GODZILLA" 4K REMASTER SHOTS Teaser Compares Old Master & New Restoration!
- June 1, 2016 - "King Kong vs. Godzilla" 4K digital remaster full version broadcast, special screening in Shinjuku
- June 3, 2016 - Complete version of "King Kong vs. Godzilla" in 4K... Broadcast & screening decided in July
- @pasinpasin tweets about KKvG
- July 13, 2016 - Why King Kong vs. Godzilla 4K Digital Remaster is a long-cherished desire for monster movie fans
- "the negative film of "Roll 1", which had been missing for a long time, was discovered, and a project to completely reproduce the full-length version"
- "made a "lost frame" by referring to the previous and next frames with digital technology, and worked to connect the movements"
- "The stereo 4ch cine tape miraculously remained, and I was able to reproduce the stereo sound."
2016 Tokyo International Film Festival Screening
- November 1, 2016 - King Kong vs. Godzilla (4K Digitally Remastered Edition) at Tokyo International Film Festival
- "24 minutes were cut when the shortened version was created, and the film that had been lost for a long time was discovered this time, making full use of the latest digital technology to restore it. It revived on the screen for the first time in 54 years as a remastered version."
DCP Screening in Japan
Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Release