Difference between revisions of "4K Restoration/1955/Pather Panchali"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Latest revision as of 16:24, 23 August 2020
2015 Criterion Restoration
- in partnership with The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences
- "produced largely from original camera negative that was recently discovered after being damaged in a fire in London."
- "physical restoration at Cineteca Bologna in Italy"
- "scanned at 4K and digitally restored at the Criterion Collection’s facility in New York, a process that took six months."
- "“We were able to salvage 50- to 60-percent of the original camera negative for the first two films, although the fire had caused massive shrinkage and stabilization problems,” recalled Head Restoration Artist Phoebe Harmon"
- Davide Pozzi, Director - L’Immagine Ritrovata 
- white gloves handling neg
- The long road to restoration for Satyajit Ray’s Apu trilogy
- How film restorers brought The Apu Trilogy back to life